I’m a sucker for fun make-up packaging. Benefit Cosmetics never fails me.
With blush names like Dandelion and Coralista and Bronzers named Hoola and Dallas, how could you not be intrigued by their products?
I initially learned about this product a few months ago and didn’t get a chance to buy it until recently. I’m so impressed with it and its price tag, that I wanted to share it with you. I’m not receiving any money for giving you my honest opinion.
This is a face palette that includes 3 full-sized blushes (1 can double as a highlighter) and 2 bronzers. It also comes with an applicator brush which is a nice addition and in a way, completes the palette.
I purchased the Cheekathon palette from Sephora and paid $58.00 for it. Shipping is free for all orders over $50.00 so that is a bonus! If you were to buy these 5 blushes/bronzers individually, it would cost $145.00. I think it’s a phenomenal deal especially if you like to use face products regularly and try to switch things up when applying your make-up on the daily.
Sephora’s website states that this palette is a limited edition, so if you want to get one, I recommend getting it soon. Remember that Sephora has a no questions asked return policy, so if you decide that you don’t want to keep it, simply take it back to the store with your receipt and get a refund or a credit towards another purchase.
- The first Blush on this palette is Dandelion. It’s described as baby pink. I see a slight sheen in this color. It reminds me of summer and is so pretty as a blush or highlight color.
2. Secondly we have a bronzer named Dallas. It’s a Dusty rose color that is beautiful to bronze up your already beautiful face with. Its described as having an outdoor glow for an indoor girl. It has a slight sheen as well but nothing outrageous.
3. Next we have another and my favorite bronzer/contouring color of all time. Hoola is described as a matte bronzer. This is a true bronze/brown color. It’s not orange or red and it’s purely matte with no shimmer or shine to it. It’s just… perfect. I own several bronzers and none of them hold a candle to this one.
4. The fourth color is a blush named Coralista, described as warm coral pink that will cheer up any skin tone. It has a hint of pearl in it and this is another favorite blush color. Its the perfect balance between cool and warm and for me, matches any makeup look I’m rocking that day. I gravitate towards these types of colors for blushes and I think they flatter anyone’s skin tone whether they’re fair or dark.
5. Finally, this palette comes with Rockateur described as a rose gold. It’s a dimensional color and feels almost creamy to the touch, even though it’s a powder. It’s listed on the package as a blush but I use it for a highlight because I’m a rule breaker. A little of this goes a long way.
Sometimes I use bronzer for eyeshadow, concealer for foundation and eyeshadow to fill in my brows.
All in all, I give this palette 2 thumbs way up. I love the packaging. It’s a stand alone face palette so I’m not looking for my blush, then my bronzer and where in the world did I put my highlight? All I need is this one palette and not only does it help me put my make-up on faster, it saves me from frustration. I think the colors are some of Benefit’s best and the price is amazing for all that they are giving us.
The colors are pigmented, creamy and apply so smoothly. I don’t find that I need to spend too much time blending these in.
If you want to look at this palette in more detail you can visit Sephora or stop by your local Sephora, Ulta, Macy’s or Nordstrom Benefit Counter. I think that even if you think you’ll only use 3 of these colors, you’re getting a deal. And who knows? Maybe some day you’ll feel adventurous and try the other 2!
God bless your day and thanks for taking the time to read this.